* Due to shortage of elastics, we are providing one 78 - 88 centimeter long, 4 - 6mm wide high quality elastic. It does relax after the first few wears, so do adjust as needed.
* Due to the nature of this product, no refunds or exchanges will occure. Please check out our Friendship Policy in our about section for more information.
FEATURES & ADVANTAGES
The Chariot has all the features we love and is designed for a lower contour design from the nose to the face cheeks
1. Filter pocket, so you can add your own filter in between layers.
2. Nose piece that's adjustable and removable for a close and comfortable closure.
3. The close fit allows for secure protection, ensuring air flow through the mask not through open spaces.
4. Adjustable and removable strap design allowed for custom positions and tension. Use the full wrap around head design or cut the elastic and make ear loops.
5. Close contact nose closure reduces air flow around the eyes.
6. Natural fibrous soft fabrics are used that are antimicrobial, thermoregulating and help create a safer and comfortable experienc
7. Curved construction away from the nose and mouth increases breathing room and comfort.
8. Double layered woven then jersey textile layout improves filtration.
9. Healthier fabrics included like OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100, the highest safety rating.
10. Proudly made in Canada.
We created these face masks for the people who understand that it is imperative to protect not only their own respiratory and immune system health by taking necessary precautions, but also those of our community including our family, friends, and neighbours.
We live and breathe sustainability to achieve a brighter future for one and all. Naturally, this ethos wove itself into our reusable face mask designs, which go further than eliminating disposable single-use masks by also utilizing natural fibers to create a masterpiece. We think the result is a complement to your life with the protection, comfort, versatility, performance, and style it offers you.
Although we cannot say our face masks are medical grade, we conducted extensive research based off all the information available to the public about how to properly make face masks that perform. It was that research which is the basis for our face mask designs specifically made with protection in mind for all non-medical activities.
We're happy to provide the information below that shares our designs, research, and testing process below. We are currently looking into third-party testing. But testing takes time, and in the precarious situation we all currently find ourselves living in, we knew it was important to make this product available as soon as possible. We dare you to find anyone offering a face mask ordering experience that comes even close with the option to customize the design for your body at an accessible price point. It is our hope that this information gives you confidence in what we have created.
Pillar heights Designed for Fit and FIltration
When the pandemic arrived, we were stunned with the rest of the world and forced to adjust our "normal." As masks, hand sanitizer and other essentials rapidly flew off the shelves and sold out, we saw a need. We had a garment studio at our fingertips, and sewing machines suddenly sitting idle... A crime in times where we knew we had the ability to shift our focus and use our equipment to fulfill a vital need for our community. We didn't see it as a choice. Instead, we knew we had to act. We answered the calling - and hit the ground running.
But not without some very necessary homework first. We would like to thank the experts at smartairfilter.com for their accessible scientific testing and data on what system - be it DIY or medical-grade materials - perform optimally to block viruses, bacteria, and VOC's in the pursuit of clean air.
We are also grateful to Professor Racaniello and Columbia University for making their lectures on virology public to provide a new level of understanding and importance on what we can strive for to take control wherever possible during these uncertain times to protect ourselves and those around us.
Virology lecture course videos
WASH BEFORE WEARING
Wash this mask like you'd wash your hands with warm water and soap for over 30 seconds or machine wash on a lower temperature setting in a mesh delicates bad without the elastics to make everything last longer. If you iron both the elastic and the mask place a thin cotton woven fabric similar to a dress shirt between the iron and the elastic and mask.
Need repairs? We stand behind the integrity of what we make. We will work with you to either repair your item free of charge at either of our Canadian studios (currently Vancouver, BC & Edmonton, AB), or come up with another solution for you. More about your Friendly Policy here.